In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

TRANSCRIPTION

JOE SEALY TRIO

LP Radio Canada RCI 304 – 1969

A jazz pianist with a long career going back to the late 50’s, Joe Sealy is unjustly little known outside of Canada.  Still active today, his early influences were Oscar Peterson of course (they’re both Canadians and Sealy studied piano with Peterson’s sister), and Horace Silver.

Two bluesy originals by Mr Sealy in a style reminiscent of Ray Bryant, Junior Mance, Ramsey Lewis …, some classic soul jazz tracks (Silver’s Song for my Father, Burell’s Chilli con carne, Ode to Billy Joe …) and a few standards make it a well-balanced and enjoyable album.

These Transcription LPs were sent by RCI to radio stations in several countries with which – I assume - Canada had cooperation agreements.  My copy comes from the Comoros Islands!

Tracks
Side A
Chili
 For all we know
Soft Winds
Golden Earrings
 Dumpling

Side B
Song for my father
Spring is here
 For once in my life
Early Morning Blues
 Ode To Billy Joe

Personel
James Sadler – bass
Tim Cahoon - drums

(from the Web)
Rip from the original LP (sorry for the small pop on “Song for My Father”, it was too late when I noticed, I had left Brussels – and my records - already)

5 comments:

  1. http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1LO0PHSH/JS3.rar_links

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks once again! :) Pure awesomenessss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Any of these RCI lp's are appreciated -- the few that I have managed to track down are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If someone ever come accross the RCI transcription featuring Sonny Greenwich, i'd love a rip. I had made a copy on a cassette but it's long gone.

      Delete
  4. ça m'a l'air chouette ce truc. merci pour la découverte
    N

    ReplyDelete