In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ENCORE UN BOOTLEG

CARMELL JONES-LEO WRIGHT-STAFFAN ABELEEN
BJORN ALKE, LEROY LOWE
RADIO BROADCAST - STOCKHOLM 1972

Carmell Jones

onxidlib just sent me this broadcast from the Swedish Radio. 


Carmell  Jones, trumpet  
Leo  Wright, alto saxophone 
Staffan Abeleen, piano 
Björn Alke, bass 
Leroy Lowe, drums

Leo Wtight

Staffan Abeleen


1. Straight No Chaser
2. Willow Weep for Me - I Can't Get Started
3. The Man I Love
4. Milestones
5. Groovin' High

Recorded in Stockholm in 1972 (venue and exact date unknown).

4 comments:

  1. With thanks to onxidlib:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/3561183692/CarmeJones_Stockholm'72.rar

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is excellent! Leo Wright is one of my favorites, unsung and hard to find. Found your blog via Hook's Gems and I'm glad I did. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a lineup! My only regret is that they didn't take on a more challenging repertoire - but perhaps I should listen first and speak afterwards!

    Many thanks to both you and onx!

    ReplyDelete