In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A lucky day

I was lucky yesterday. I went for a bit of crate-digging at one of Brussels most famous second-hand boooks and records shops and found these two fairly rare albums of European Jazz: 
- An album of German Free Jazz - but  fairly accessible: the Theo Jörgensmann Quartet - Go Ahead Clarinet LP on CPM which is pretty rare indeed and, at the price of 6 €, a real bargain.


- an album of Danish Jazz, in a more swing / mainstream oriented style,  Niels Jorgen Steen's Beatkapel plays Jazz.




I don't think any of them has ever  been posted anywhere  in the blogworld.  A bit of patience and you'll find them here.

3 comments:

  1. oh man, super excited for both of these. thanks for the tantalizing heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, me too, esp. that Theo Jörgensmann Quartet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid it won't be before a few months. There's currently a few thousand miles between my LPs and me!

    ReplyDelete