In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Saturday, March 22, 2014

RE-POST & CROSSBORDER COLLABORATION

BABS ROBERT & The LOVE PLANET (re-up)

Crossborder collaboration, that's what blogging is all about!  I made a new rip of Babs Robert & Love Planet and sent it to onxidlib who cleaned and declicked it (a time-consuming and laborius task).
It is a significant improvement on the previous rips posted here (the first one was especially dreadful, I was learning).
Eternal gratitude to you, Onxidlib!

See comments.




Over 3 years ago I wrote:  Will someone eventually take the initative to re-issuing this little gem?  Now is the right time as there is a growing demand among collectors ... and the price for an original puts it out of reach of the average collector.  I hope someone at Heavenly Sweetness (or any other specialized label) read this message.

Well , apparently, someone did hear the request.  The album is now available in CD format from JUNO records (UK):
http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Babs+Robert+%2526+The+Love+Planet/

Since it is available, I won't repost the rip.  

10 comments:

  1. 2 files:
    http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/10243623/file.html
    http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/40146334/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey boogieman
    Thanks indeed for the new improved rip — and thanks to onxidlib for cleaning it up!
    It's been a favourite of mine for a while now (And Reza, I do believe it was you who first turned me on to it via a mix you dropped many many moons ago!).
    All the best from over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing about this gem : it's a real treat to discover it, thanks to you both

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brand new discovery for me, I never kenw about this gem. I deeply thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may never have even known about Babs Robert but for this blog, detractors just dont get the blog concept... thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for taking the time to share. You have brought pleasure to my day with this upload in particular. I am combing your blog (a chance discovery) and downloading several other albums you've uploaded.

    ReplyDelete