In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Thursday, March 22, 2012

ELECTRIC STRINGS

DIDIER LEVALLET - SWING STRINGS SYSTEM
ORIGINAL SESSION (France, 1978)


Superb French Jazz album recorded in 1978 by an octet under the direction of bassplayer Didier Levallet.


Players:
Didier Lockwood - violons, 

Jean-Yves Rigaud - violons, 
Jean-Charles Capon - violoncelle, 
Denis Van Hecke - violoncelle, 
Christian Escoudé - guitares, 
Siegfried Kessler - claviers, 
Bernard Lubat - batterie, 
Didier Levallet - contrebasse, arrangements, direction.


 Tracks:

- Paysages intimes, suite (Didier Levallet)
- a) Journal (solistes : D. Lockwood, Ch. Escoudé, S. Kessler)
 - b) Siegfried (soliste : S. Kessler)
 - c) Coup d’œil en arrière
- d) A suivre (solistes : Ch. Escoudé, S. Kessler)
 • Sing me softly of the blues (Carla Bley) (solistes : D. Levallet, J.-Ch. Capon, D. Lockwood, Ch. Escoudé)
 • Triade (D. Levallet) (solistes : J.-Y. Rigaud, D. Van Hecke, Ch. Escoudé)
Flos Florum (D. Levallet) (solistes : Ch. Escoudé, J.-Ch. Capon).


12 comments:

  1. http://www.mediafire.com/?s9senwbsjbj44r2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give it a try - and let you know what it does for me ;)

    And I will check Richard Raux's album - here you will find another one with him - if you do not know it already > http://inconstantsol.blogspot.de/2011/06/sunny-murray-quintet-aigu-grave-marge.html (I have added new links over there).

    BTW - I really appreciate your blog. Music and comments!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks onxidlib, I'm looking forward to reading your comment on Swing Strings System. There is some great playing in this album (siegfried Kessler a.o.).
      As for Richard Raux, he's an interesting player with a big bluesy sound in the line of Hal Singer. He's at ease in soul jazz and in more adventurous style e.g.his work with Sunny Murray and other "New thing" players.
      Thanks for your appreciation of my blog. Lotsa good things on yours too!
      Cheers

      Delete
    2. So - after listening three times, I have to say: I like it. In the beginning I was not "overwhelmed". But during the third listen I got it.
      The bass and drums are really a forward-driving unit.
      The strings are very well integrated - no corny third-stream.
      And Monsieur Goodman plays his ass off...and Herrn Kessler you already mentioned!
      So far one of the best recordings which integrates strings from the seventies I've ever heard - ah! and Christian Escoudé...

      ...and now I shall buy the CD version for me and the shop!

      Boogieman, you made me rock (again) ;) - Thank you.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting band Lockwood, Lubat, Escoude and Kessler! I heard them in other records.
    Thanks Boogieman

    ReplyDelete
  5. boogieman I would like to take you up on your offer for reposting. File no longer available, Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. Seems I'm too late! Would you be kind enough to repost it again? Anyway, many thanks for your eclectic & elating blog: keep on posting such forgotten delishes.

    zardoz1984

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember Sysyphus and his boulder ?
    Get it it before the boulder rolls down the hill again.
    http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/C9Q75WYJ/SSS171213.rar_links

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally sorry for the "boulder"! Running a blog like yours must be a real pain sometimes. And the return so spare! But I think that sharing for free such forgotten memories is a real blow in the face of those data-financial times which want to rule the world with money & oblivion… Many many thks for the reup: splendid stuff & great band playin' their hearts out. Those were the days: so many hopes & experiences… And, next time, if a reup is needed, i'll take the boulder from you.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is normal, that the download link ask the data of my creditcard?

    ReplyDelete