In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Sunday, February 19, 2012

STROLLIN’ THRU’ THE SOUKS


I often go for a stroll thru’ the souks over the week end. I like the atmosphere and always come back with fresh fruits, vegetables, spices, DVD of obscure foreign movies, old books … and sometimes old records.

Today was such a day. 

The harvest was not bad: Joe Sample “Fancy Dance”, an old favorite. I already have it on CD but it’s always nice to have the vinyl. 






 Stanley Turrentine “Use the Stairs” on Fantasy.  













 John Mayall’s Blues from Laurel Canyon, another old favorite (which brings me back to my teenager’s years as a British Blues nut.  















But the real find was a box-set containing 2 LP and one 45 rpm “Monsieur Erik Satie”.  



One LP is devoted to his piano works (Gymnopedies, Gnossiennes, Morceaux en Forme de Poire,  etc). The other LP contains orchestral pieces (Parade, Socrate, En Habit de Cheval) and the 45 rpm contains aphorisms and various texts written by Satie, read by Pierre Bertin.  A beautiful collectable artifact.

  

3 comments:

  1. Laurel Canyon:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?jw7bnyoetldtqm8
    (not my rip)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy Dance: http://www.mediafire.com/?jwo459onebow5w9
    (256 kpbs, an old CD rip i had on my computer. No scans).

    ReplyDelete