In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Friday, April 29, 2011

TRIODE - LIVE

  TRIODE - LIVE @ CHAPATI - WINTER 1978


BILL FRISELL - KERMIT DRISCOLL - VINNIE JOHNSON recorded Live in a small club in Belgium in 1978-1979.  It ain't the Holy Grail perhaps but it ain't far.  
Blogging is just fantastic. A few weeks ago after posting the ACT Big Band LP, a visitor (ushaped) asked whether by any chance I'd have the first TRIODE LP that was recorded in Belgium. I didn't but another visitor (sunbop) saw the request and sent me a rip of the album.  That's what blogging is all about!  
A big thanks to SUNBOP.  Amazing album and pretty rare too.  Sunbop wrote "unfortunately the copy is not always satisfying. but at least you will have a good impression of the music. the files are lossless with front and cover image. I kept the sides complete. I heard some drum'n bass in one song, the kids will go crazy." 

The rip sounds pretty good to me and where else would I get a chance to 
hear this marvel?


Link: check in the comments section of the Act Big Band posting.




Now if you say thanks I 'll try to convince my friend JC to rip his rare album of Michel Herr with TRIODE ... ain't that a treat!!!


If you like this music, try also this  one at the Growing Bin (Okno) and don't forget to say thanks to Basso.


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you Sunbop and Boogieman! I've wanted to hear this for years since I became aware of it. It would be fantastic if you were able to get "Good Buddies"!

    Thank again and all the best,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a chance to listen and it's exactly as I had hoped. Very distinctly Frisell but with a noisier free rock edge. Fantastic!

    Another Belgian connection with Frisell is the Steve Houben & Mauve Traffic album Oh Boy! Would love to hear that!

    http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Houben-Oh-Boy--Mauve-Traffic/release/2384120

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ushaped. I'll get a rip of Good Buddies next time I go to Belgium in a couple of months (I'm currently working overseas). Will look around for the Steve Houben LP too, I think i remember seeing it somewhere. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, thanks Boogieman for the effort and the sharing!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this rare early Frisell.
    I've been looking for ages for
    Bill Frisell & HR Big Band play Monk & Mingus - Frankfurt 2008
    Does anyone have it please?

    ReplyDelete