In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Friday, April 22, 2011

IN PROGRESS

UPPSALA BIG BAND - IN PROGRESS (Sweden,  1993)

For many years, visiting neighbourhood's  "brocantes" and browsing thru' boxes of old LPs, CDs and books has been a favorite week end activity.  I reckon the good years are gone by and real finds and bargains have become increasingly rarer.  I guess e-Bay is partly responsible for this sad state of affairs.  Anyway talking a morning stroll thru' a brocante is good exercice (especially if I plan to have a couple of beers afterwards) and I'm still hoping to find some Collector's Holy Grail one day but in the meantime I have to satisfy with more modest finds. I'm always intrigued by "exotic" bands so when I came accross a CD by the UPPSALA BIG BAND, priced at a very modest 2 €, I decided to give it a try.  Nothing revolutionnary but an enjoyable modern big band, with some funk / Pop / RnB leaning and featuring various local guests (I could have done without Claes Janson).  The Uppsala Big Band - also known as Uppsala Storband - was founded in 1990 ... that's almost all I could understand from their website (here) ... all in Swedish.


Guesting on this album are:
- trombonist / pianist Ulf Johansson
- singer Claes Janson
- vocal sextet MeMera


Tracklist:
  1.         EG Blues
  2. .      Lady Bird
  3. .      Superstition
  4. .      Maxine
  5. .      Jody Grind
  6. .      Mist nå´t (Misty)
  7. .      Festival de Ritmo
  8. .      Hallelujah, I love her so
  9. .      Harmonic Waltz
  10. .    A night in Tunisia   / And the melody still lingers on  


CD OOP.  Link in the comment as usual  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for always good music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE_POST
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xrkjk0804vpxr4c

    ReplyDelete