In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Friday, March 22, 2013

STOCKHOLM, 1960

Arne Domnérus and his Orchestra
LP Metronome MRLP15062, SWEDEN, 1960


A classic but somehow forgotten Scandinavian Jazz album dating from 1960, ripped by Paul D. from his impressive collection of rare jazz vinyls.














Arne Domnérus and his Orchestra : Bengt-Arne Wallin (tp,flhrn) Arne Domnérus (cl,as) Rolf Blomquist (ts,fl) Rune Falk (bar,b-cl) Gunnar Svensson (p) Rune Gustafsson (g) Georg Riedel (b) Egil Johansen (d)

Stockholm, November 1, 1960
01  Lester left town
02  Melancholy lullaby
03  Mox nix (gr arr)
04  In the fall
Stockholm, November 9, 1960
05  Friday the 13th
06  Haul away Joe
07  I'm glad there's you
Stockholm, November 14, 1960
08  Thursday's child
09  Boogie stop shuffle
10  Young married man

Metronome MRLP15062

Arne Domnérus

6 comments:

  1. High quality, lossless files.
    part 1 : http://www6.zippyshare.com/v/50518689/file.html
    part 2:
    http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/90411516/file.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks quite intriguing - I shall download it when I'm coming home from my broadcast.

    Thank you Paul D and Boogieman - you're always good for some enjoyable sounds. Très bien, merci pour cette musique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice latin rythm in Friday the 13th.Great arrangements and playing!
    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. many thanks this rare Domnerus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for more Rune Gustafsson! Appreciated!

    I have a live album i'd like to offer to you for a post at Boogieman's:

    "Echoes From The Prague Jazz Festival 1964"

    It's basically the same group featured on "Modern Jaz Studio Nr 4" posted here in December: Leo Wright, Andre Condouant, Candy Green etc.
    Let me know if this is of interest to you!

    May i add two requests for re-ups? Now that i've heard Condouant, whom i didn't know before i heard the Prague recording, i'd love to hear the two albums with him that appeared here, Brother Meeting and Modern Jazz Studio. Is a re-up possible? Thanks in advance!

    Could you update my blog's url in your blogroll, too? Google blocked my account and Porco's Hideaway had to move, it's now at

    porcoshideaway2.blogspot.com

    Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Porco,
      glad to see that you're still in business! I've updated the link to your blog.
      I'd be very interested in getting a rip of the Echoes of Prague Jazz Festival" to post here. I think you already have my mail address. Thanks in advance.
      I shall re-up the two LP with Condouant starting this week end(I have a third one already ripped but it's in the modern West Indian / Zouk idiom, not everyone's cup of tea.
      Cheers

      Delete