In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

RAW JAZZ

TOMMY BOYLE & THE RAW JAZZ QUARTET
(self-produced CD, THAILAND)



I've never been to Phuket. Tourists spots do not really appeal to me. Anyhow, yesterday night I was invited by a friend and colleague for dinner at her place here in Rabat.  While she was organising the food, I had a glance thru' a pile of CDs, leftover by her landlord.  I desperated to find anything listenable among the Pavarotti's, Carreras and other popular classics. Then I found this CD, obviously purchased during a holiday in Phuket.  I did not know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised.   A clever mix of tunes, standards but nothing too obvious.


So fix yourself a Margarita or any other drink, preferably with an olive and a little umbrella, play this album and relax in the couch dreaming of Thailand's most famous tourist beach.  Blue skies, emerald sea, silky sand, gentle breeze ... Enjoy!
By the way, the dinner was absolutely gorgeous!  Thanks Isabel!


Credits: 
Stephanie Haynes   vocals
Bolek Peplowski     tenor sax
Tommy Boyle         piano
Jay Farmer              bass
Peter Amaral          drums




Tracklist

  1. Cedar's Blues 
  2. It don't mean a thing if it ain't got no swing
  3. Our love is here to stay
  4. Lullaby of the leaves
  5. Gentle Rain
  6. In the wee small hours of the morning
  7. Social call
  8. Pent Up House
  9. I Fall in Love too easily
  10. Darn that dream
  11. Pick Yourself Up
  12. Agua De Beber


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NEW LINK thaks to bugel (a visitor).

    http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/8849604/file.html

    ReplyDelete