In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Thursday, December 26, 2013

MEANWHILE, BACK IN BRUSSELS ...

My Xmas presents ...


For Xmas, my kids gave me two vynils from Heavenly Sweetness, a small French label doing quality reissues.

The Raphael LP is very special to me because two late friends, Johnny Peret and Robert Pernet,  play on it.


And Solis Lacus brings me back to the mid-seventies in Brussels when one could catch bands like Solis Lacus, Placebo, Cos, Sunhouse, ... playing in small venues.  Those were the days!

I won't post these LP, buy them, they are really worth the price and you will be encouraging the people at Heavenly Sweetness to continue their re-issue program of obscure and forgotten European gems.  Any hope for a Babs Robert re-issue or the Sunhouse LP? 

Cratedigging
Brussels is a pretty cool place for cratediggers.  I came back to spend the Holiday Season with the family and couldn't help stopping at a couple of  places with good old vynils when I went to town this Monday.
I did not leave empty-handed.  Here are a few LPs I found (all at very reasonable prices, some as low as 3 €).

Richard Raux 4tet (F) with Alain Jean-Marie a.o. - David Pritchard first LP (US)

K. Graham Afro-Cubists (UK) - Christine Schaller (CH-B)
Jimmy McGriff - Buddy Rich

Zum Trotz feat. Birelli Lagrene (D) - Jiggs Whigham - Hope (US/D)


Buddy Johnson / Big Twist & the Mellow Fellows

Sphere (feat. Andy Sheppard) - UK / The Section (US)
Vilegas (Arg.) / Morris Nanton Trio (US)
Big Sound Tenors / Claude Bolling Big Band (F)
Now that I'm on holiday, I'll find the time to resume ripping and posting.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Hollydays to the stuff of this FABULOUS site or blog, whatever. THANK YOU FOR ALL!

    ReplyDelete