In memory of Johnny Peret

In memory of Johnny Peret
In memory of my friend Johnny Peret, vibist, drummer, accordeonist extraordinaire

Saturday, January 18, 2014

cratedigging again


DIGGING THE CRATES IN ANTWERP

    
Big Bands: CSULA Jazz Ensemble / Les Hooper Big Band
The ladies wanted to look at the sales in Antwerp main street stores ... I told them it was a good idea as it would leave me ample time to look for records. 

Dutch Jazz:  Henny Vonk / Gijs Hendriks 4tet feat. Michel Herr

Here come the Belgians: Sadi Big Band / Fud Candrix 
Boogiemen (NL / CH / UK)

Jap-Jazz (Jam Session  @ JUNK feat Sleepy Matsumoto) / Steve Kuhn Live in NY

A recommended address if you visit Antwerp: 


And after the cratedigging, nothing beats a "bolleke"


7 comments:

  1. Les Hooper Big Band was posted eons ago by Smooth on the now defunct My Jazz World. A rip might still be floating around if you know where to look. You can also purchase the CD directly from Les Hooper website.
    Steve Kuhn Live in NY was posted by Quimsy almost 7 years ago!
    Hein v.d. Gaan was posted on http://thinktoomuchjazz.wordpress.com/
    The others will be posted here soon or later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a good idea when the ladies (or my son...) have time for letting one browsing through the crates.
      Last time I had time to do so I found a Joe Harriott and a LP I didn't know about Christian Chevalier's "6+6".

      I hope it is not too annoying but I would like to remind you about the re-up (lossless) of Babs Robert & Love Planet.
      Cheers

      Delete
    2. Some nice stuff there Boog's...maybe Belgium an untapped source for Vinyl ! Been concentrating on Euro/Russian/Ex Eastern Block Jazz myself recently..
      Belgium....Morocco...you in the UK Boog's?...I'm N/W UK...

      Regards!

      Delete
    3. Yes, Belgium is the place for good vynils.
      BTW I sent you the file you requested (by WeTransfer), check your e-mail. Cheers

      Delete
    4. Hey Onx', the Chrisitan Chevalier LP, is it this one?
      http://www.discogs.com/Christian-Chevallier-66/release/4444763 ?

      Delete
    5. Yes Boogieman - this is the LP I got. Albeit "only" the re-issue.

      Delete
  2. That Kuhn's a good 'un. The bolleke looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete